As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If your kids are already using balance bikes since the age of 2 or 3, then by the time they will reach up to 5 or 6 years, they have mastered the art of balancing and steering, and they are absolutely ready to ride on larger bikes.
Are you in a hurry? Check out our recommended best balance bike for older child:
However, some kids are not aware of balance bikes or take to biking until an older age. This can be due to lack of home space, especially if you live in a big city, a passion for any other activity, or just don’t have enough time to master this skill and have a busy schedule.
Mostly, old kids love balance bikes, and they want to become expert riders. This is because of the excitement and thrill this skill possesses. Balance bikes for old kids are also easy to handle. As compared to the standard bicycles, these bikes are much lighter as they don’t have a heavy chain or pedals, so older children can ride safely, perform some tricks and stunts that they cannot perform while riding on normal bikes.
The range of bikes for this particular age group or category is much less than the number of bikes that you will find in other categories. But despite less options, you will still find some of the best balance bikes for older children quite easily.
And if you don’t, you know where to start, we compiled the list of balance bikes for old kids along with their features, specs, and reviews that can help you out. So, on your marks, ready steady & GO!
Best Balance Bike For Older Child
- This kid’s balance training bike comes with adjustable handlebars up to 38.5cm and adjustable seat height between (34 to 45 cm). The bike is suitable for kids who are 80cm (31.5″) -120cm (47.2″) tall.
- It is made of anti-rust carbon steel, and the maximum weight limit is up to 50kg.
- It comes with puncture-proof EVA foam tires that are perfect for any surfaces such as a playground, the lawn, or the trail, indoors) no venue restrictions. Tires are made from non-toxic and eco-friendly materials.
- The balance bike weighs around 6.2lbs. So you can easily carry it anywhere you want. The light-weight yet durable bicycle frame allows kids to control and handle without any trouble.
- The included auxiliary wheels are removable and make the wheel more balance and prevent the child from falling—no need to inflate the tires every so often.
- It features a 1 cm sponge on the handlebar for enhanced safety.
Our first pick comes from a well-known brand, the UROK Balance Bike. When riding on this bike, kids will understand walking with the bike in the middle of their legs. The balance bike also helps strengthens muscles to lean, steer, and move. On the other hand, this UROK balance bike can be an ideal present on any occasion for your little one.
The unit comes with anti-slip rubber handles that are comfortable and protect your child in case of accidental falls. The installation is quick and straightforward; it features a one-button installation, and you will need any screws or special tools.
Moreover, the handlebars, auxiliary wheels, seat, and pedals feature a quick-release mechanism. Furthermore, the bikes include two riding modes: your kids can ride or slide. As it comes with two auxiliary wheels, so your kids can gain more stability and balance.
The unit comes with fixed tires, so there is no need to pump tires. The wheels and tires are durable, and you can use them on every surface. The built-in 1cm sponge is also present in the middle of the handle and prevents the kid’s hand in case of bumps and impact.
The bike’s frame is thick and robust. The cushioned seat is fully adjustable and keeps your kid safe during their ride. The seat comes with a seat recess that prevents slipping. Lastly, we also find the non-slip foot pedal handy and allows for better traction and grip.
- Durable and thick frame.
- The seat and handlebar are adjustable.
- Handle grips are soft and comfortable.
- EVA tires are puncture proof and perfect for all surfaces.
- No issues here.
- Schwinn balance bike offers a comfortable fit, enhanced control, and better stability to your kids.
- The Schwinn balance bike is perfect for kids aged between 2 to 6 years or having a height between 28″ to 38.”
- It comes with 12-inch chrome wheels along with air-filled tires for enhanced traction.
- The steering and handling are simple as it comes with a steering limiter.
- It features padded grips and handlebar padding to offer optimum comfort and safety to your child.
Here comes the second pick of this list, the balance bike from Schwinn. The bike’s size is perfect for kids between 2 to 6 years, and the unit is intelligently designed for older children. The design is inspired by a classic BMX bike and sports a shiny finishing with vibrant rims and wide handles. Moreover, it is available in multiple, lovely colors to choose from.
The bike features durable and robust steel construction and is expertly designed with a low center of gravity, which helps your child attain the right balance. The bike comes with large 12-inch wheels made up of foam soft-riding EVA foam that you can use on various types of tracks.
The sturdy steel frame and large wheels make it highly versatile. The bike is designed to grow with your child, and it features a “big-kid” look to it, which is quite attractive and engaging for young kids.
Adjusting the saddle’s height couldn’t be easier, thanks to a handy quick-release mechanism. This versatile system allows you to set the saddle’s height without using any specials tools. And according to best balance bike consumer reports, some parents report that they can set the height with only one hand.
In the end, this Schwinn balance bike is fun for both young and old, boys and girls. The attractive and vibrant colors are great, and you will get a lifetime warranty on the purchase.
- The eight-inch thick steel frame is robust and long-lasting.
- The seat and handlebar are adjustable.
- 12-inch wheels with EVA foam tires are suitable for all surfaces.
- Assembling is easy.
- The quick-release mechanism is simple to use.
The steel frame is prone to rust.
- The 12inch puncture-resistant EVA tires work smoothly on concrete, pavement, playground, lawn, or trail.
- No Pedal design allows your kids to walk and eventually stride by using both feet.
- The toddler balance bike features an aluminum alloy that is lighter than carbon steel and weighs only 4.6lbs.
- The unit is simple to assemble and comes with tools and instructions.
- The balance training bike has adjustable handlebars (54cm – 58cm) and an adjustable seat (36cm – 41cm).
- There is no need to inflate the tires.
This Stream ultra-light balance bike is perfect for young and older kids. The balance bike features an aluminum alloy frame and weighs only 4.6lbs. The frame is durable and lighter than carbon steel. Further, it has an impressive weight capacity of up to 70 lbs. So, it offers effortless control & builds confidence in the kids, and they can enjoy a comfortable ride on all terrains.
You will not find any sharp edges, no pedals, and non-slip grip handles to keep your kid safe. Furthermore, the 12-inches wear-resistant EVA tires and the shock absorption design offer optimum comfort to your kids. All materials used in the manufacturing are eco-friendly and non-toxic and approved by SGS.
Moreover, you can also set the handlebars’ height between 54cm to 58cm and seat height between 36cm to 41cm. The bike is ideal for kids who have a height from 80cm to 120cm.
The flat-free EVA polymer tires are durable and offer a smooth ride, whereas PP wheels enhance stability and make them suitable for all surfaces such as a playground, the lawn, or trail.
Assembling is friendly and easy as it comes with all necessary instructions. Lastly, it can be the best first balance bike for your kids. It is sturdy, adjustable, so it would last quite a while and provides excellent value for your money.
- You can adjust the seat height using the Allen key.
- The frame is durable and light-weight.
- EVA tires are puncture-proof.
- It is a light-weight, balance bike for older children.
- Assembling instructions are not clear.
- The Kinderkraft balance bike encourages the child to learn and maintain a balance when riding, develop motor skills, and improve coordination.
- The bike offers full stabilization, whereas excellent finishing ensures complete security.
- It comes with large, 12″ wheels along with tires made of EVA foam.
- The included tires can absorb shocks on any surface, and they are abrasion-resistant.
- Adjustable handle and seat height.
- The firm grip on the handles features non-slip, soft materials. The handlebar includes a safety feature, which limits the movement of steering and protects the child from falling over.
- The handle’s height is adjustable between 52 up to 59 cm, so you can easily set it as per your requirements.
The seller makes a valuable impression with this Kinderkraft balance bike. The overall build quality is impressive, and you will not find any sharp edges, and everything fits perfectly. The balance bike’s wheels include rigid foam and run smoothly on all types of terrains. The bike’s colors are well-matched, and kids can choose as per their likings.
The frame and design are incredibly robust and beautiful. Assembling this bike is quick and straightforward. To be precise, you can assemble it only in ten minutes. Further, you will get all the necessary tools required for smooth assembling.
The bike’s wheels with ball bearings are large up to 12″ with EVA foam tires that can absorb shocks on any surface. Moreover, the wheels and tires are resistant to abrasion.
The soft and padded prevents chafing and ensures optimum comfort for your children. You can also adjust the saddle height between 31 up to 40 cm.
Lastly, the bell mounted on the handlebars is fun for kids, whereas the textile bag is also handy. The handlebar comes with a limiter and prevents accidental falls. All in all, this Kinderkraft balance is fun for older children and offers peace of mind to parents.
- The bike is suitable for kids that have 80 cm of height.
- High-quality finishing and durable frame without any protruding parts.
- Classy and attractive design and many color options to choose from.
- Ergonomic and light-weight steel body.
- Handles are too wide for most children.
- The Balance Bike features soft rubber grips at the handlebar and a comfortable saddle to keep your kids safe and comfortable.
- It is suitable for all children aged between 3 to 6 years old or a maximum weight of 35 to 40 kg.
- It comes with adjustable seat posts and handlebars that ensure the right fit for your kids.
- Seat height is adjustable from the ground: about 35cm to 47cm
- The footrest is well-designed and allows kids to find the center of gravity.
- The pedal-less design gives the simplest and most efficient way to learn how to ride a bike for kids.
- The aluminum alloy frame is light-weight yet durable. The bike’s frame is resistant to rust and corrosion.
Our last but not least balance bike comes from LBLA. This LBLA kids balance bike is perfect to use on all surfaces. Kids can use it on hard pavements, parks, grasslands, and speed bumps.
Overall, this LBLA balance bike looks great. The frame comes beautifully painted with a shade of red color and feels vibrant and beautiful. The bike’s adjustment system, both for the seat and handlebar, is impressive. You can adjust the bike’s height as per your preferences without any special tools and in no time.
The bike’s seat is highly breathable and fully adjustable. To be precise, you can set it between 35cm to 47cm. Furthermore, you can also adjust the handlebars between 50cm up to 63.5cm. The tires come filled with air and offer excellent traction and stability, and you can use them on all kinds of roads.
Young and old kids can control and handle the bike easily and ride it everywhere. Lastly, you will also find a bag with elbow and knee protectors for enhanced safety—all in all, a handy purchase that worth every bit of your money.
- It features a light-weight steel design that is highly durable.
- Puncture-proof tires glide smoothly on all kind of terrains.
- Soft rubber grips on the handle protect little hands.
- Best suited for kids aged between 3 to 6 years.
- The seat’s padding is not that comfortable.
Are They Worth It?
All said and done; now, only you can determine whether your kid needs a balance bike or not. However, keep in mind that this healthy activity is much better than gadgets and screens. It is an ideal and handy tool that helps your child to practice balance and coordination while also prepare them to ride a real bike.
The best balance bike for older children offers learning in a fun and safe way. It allows the kids to gain confidence, build leg muscles, and learn the much-needed art of balancing in the safest way.
So, which one are you going to get? Do let us know in the comments below. Voila!!
It is exciting to bring home a new addition to your family. It is a dream of many couples to bring up a baby with all love and care in the world. Parents get to learn about things like diapers,...
In this post, I will answer your question about how to clean a bassinet mattress.