Whether you are flying to a different state or country for a quick family trip or just traveling due to work-related reasons, you might consider taking a stroller with you so that you can have a little more fun (carrying a baby around for hours on end can really take the fun out of family trips). Thus, you might be thinking about whether can you bring a stroller on a plane?
The short and simple answer is yes, you can bring a stroller on a plane. However, there are some things that you need to consider before you can do so.
Mentioned below Can You Bring A Stroller On A Plane are all the things that you need to check before boarding with your stroller.
Checking your Airline is the most important thing that you need to do. This is because some airlines require you to check ‘large’ strollers. the definition of large is different for each airline so you need to check with your airline beforehand.
If your stroller is small and collapsible, you can just store it in the overhead compartment of planes. For the most part, most domestic airlines permit bringing at least one stroller on board.
2. Type of Stroller
If you have a large stroller that cannot be folded, you will need to check it in with the other luggage. You can check it along with your other luggage or gate check it. Remember to ask the ticketing agent for a plastic bag to cover your stroller before checking it on so that it does not get damaged. On the other hand, if you have a small foldable stroller, you can carry it onboard.
Deciding between Check Through or Gate Check for larger strollers
Should I check the stroller through with my other luggage or use it all the way to the gate? This question is obviously going to pop up in your mind. Well, the benefit of gate checking is that you will be able to use the stroller at your departure and arrival airports which makes things a lot easier Can You Bring A Stroller On A Plane.
Trust us, carrying a baby and taking care of all your hand carry items is extremely difficult. However, the downside is that you need to wait an extra 15-20 minutes once your plane lands to get your stroller back. Another thing you need to keep in mind is that you will be last in line at customs and immigration (the couple hundred people on your flight are all going to be ahead of you).
Of course, you can avoid all this by simply getting a small stroller that will fit on board the aircraft.
Can You Bring A Stroller On A Plane?
Tips for taking a Stroller on a Plane
Here are a few tips to make sure Can You Bring A Stroller On A Plane traveling with a stroller easier.
- Like all other items, you will need to put your stroller through the X ray machine at the screening checkpoint. Thus, be sure to take your baby out and fold it up before it is your turn to make things easier for you and other people.
- If you are checking in your stroller on a connected flight, be sure to write the number of your next flight on the extra space given on the tag.
- Large strollers often come out in the oversized luggage area during baggage claim so make sure to check this area out before panicking about not being able to find your stroller.
- Prepare your stroller beforehand for going into the cargo hold. This means packing up all loose items (diaper bags, purses, etc), picking up jackets and coats that are stored in the bottom compartment and strapping the stroller down.
- Be sure to remove extra stroller attachments like drink holders as they pop off during the flight.
Benefits of Traveling With a Stroller
We believe in travel equipped to travel better. Thus, we definitely recommend carrying a stroller with you when flying. We have listed all the advantages of traveling with strollers down below Can You Bring A Stroller On A Plane.
- If your trip involves lots of sight-seeing or walking, carrying your child will take the fun out of that. With your arms numb from carrying the baby and feet tired, you will literally just want to back to your hotel room and lay down. Fortunately, you can use a stroller to avoid all this! Just push your young one in his/her stroller and have a fantastic fun filled vacation!
- Strollers often come with a hood on the top to protect your child from the harmful rays of the sun. This is especially important because you cannot really use sunscreen on new born.
- Babies can comfortably take a nap in their strollers.
- You can use the stroller as a luggage carrier; just pop in all your baby bags, purses, coats, etc in the bottom compartment.
- Strollers with trays make feeding babies so much easier.
Buying a local Stroller
If you think that traveling with a stroller is just going to be too much hassle for you, just buy a new local one at your destination or have shipped directly to your hotel. You do not have to buy an expensive long-lasting one; just go for a simple sturdy stroller as you are just going to be needed it for a week or two.
In conclusion, traveling with strollers is quite easy Can You Bring A Stroller On A Plane? Your kids might make boarding stressful, but your stroller will not. Even though the idea of carrying it on plane sounds daunting, it really is not. Give it a try and trust us, you will feel like a pro after the very first time.
Do you want to know what should baby wear to bed? This short guide will help you learn more about how to prepare baby for more comfortable and easy sleep.
Regardless of whether you need to climb hills or simply keep your hands free on the high road, a Best Baby Back Carrier allows you to give up your baby's pushchair. A back carrier is like a...